Senior Trust Officer
Phone: (319) 653-3921
Fax: (319) 653-9702
Click Here to Email Larry
Phone: (319) 653-3921
Fax: (319) 653-9702
Click Here to Email Debbie
Washington State Bank is an independent, locally owned community bank that provides a full range of personal, business and trust services. We are proud to be among the strongest financial institutions in our area, a well-earned reputation for personalized attention and a tradition of commitment to our customers and community. Our officers and staff are committed to providing the highest quality in banking and trust services. We believe that a strong relationship can be a major asset in building a secure financial future in our clients.
Washington State Bank Trust Department has a simple philosophy: "Assist our clients in meeting ownership and investment goals." We offer many services including protective trust services and problem free estate settlement. Our fees are very competitive and lower than the larger trust institutions in the state and due to our fee structure, we are able to administer small accounts at competitive rates. Please call the Trust Department today and let our expert staff assist with managing your financial needs.
- Personal Trusts
- Funeral Trusts
- Trust Administration
- Estate Administration
- Farm Management
- Escrow Services
We offer a variety of trust plans including:
- Revocable and Irrevocable Inter Vivos (created during lifetime) Trusts
- Testamentary (created under will) Trusts
- Charitable Trusts. These are a critical estate planning tool, particularly in areas of estate tax reduction, probate avoidance, and asset control
Washington State Bank works closely with several funeral directors in the area to provide Funeral Trust services. With the pre-arrangement, a contract is established between you and the funeral home for goods and services to be provided at your death. Through a trust arrangement with our bank, your pre-payment of these goods and services is placed in trust and prudently invested. At your death, payment is then made to the funeral home for your expenses. Not only is your family spared of these final decisions, but investment of your pre-paid amount will help to offset price increases due to inflation.
A trust arrangement with Washington State Bank will provide professional management of assets, flexibility and, at your death, continued security for your family and loved ones. We protect the securities you place in trust with us and continually review these assets to ensure conformity with your goals and objectives. Our prudent and profitable management of your account includes detailed records, designated income distributions and overall goals of maximizing income and minimizing taxes.
The Washington State Bank, having been appointed by the District Court as Personal Representative of an estate (synonymous with Executor or Administrator), will perform numerous personalized duties:
- Marshal all the assets and liabilities of the estate.
- Arrange for the appraisal of the assets.
- Determine the beneficiaries' and the estate's cash needs as well as the estimated income from the estate.
- Continue to manage all of the assets and collect all the income from whatever source.
- Pay debts of the estate and defend it against improper claims.
- Assist in the preparation of the decedent's final income tax returns, the estate's income tax returns and the federal estate and Iowa inheritance tax returns.
- Pay all specific bequests and make final distribution of the estate as set forth in the Will or as prescribed by law.
- Prepare an accounting for the Probate Court and the beneficiaries detailing all of the transactions which occurred during the estate administration.
- Review the progress of the estate from time to time with the heirs.
A conservatorship is an account set up under court supervision for the benefit of someone who is legally unable or unwilling to handle their financial affairs and personal business. As Conservator, Washington State Bank Trust Department can manage investments, collect income, assure timely payment of bills, oversee tax preparation, keep accurate records, and determine timing of distributions.
The WSB Farm Management Department offers a comprehensive management service for landowners. We begin with each client with a discussion to determine goals as well as specific short and long-term objectives and other important considerations. A landowner may identify some or all of these objectives as important in their overall plan for their property.
- Increased Income
- Asset Conservation
- Management Continuity
- Budgeting to achieve cost control
- Improved crop marketing to increase profits
- Estate Planning
- Tax Benefits